Graphic design, WordPress Web Design and Development, UX Design
Philippine Canadian News aims to fill the gap with news coverage of Filipino communities while also linking them to their homeland, the Philippines.
Filipinos began arriving in Canada since the late 60′s and has grown to over half a million. The publisher aims to grow traffic to the site for more community engagement.
The publisher would like to increase website traffic growth and audience engagement to bring PCN potential revenue from advertisements.
Before starting this project, we reviewed reports from Google analytics to gain a better understanding of the audience. We needed answers to the following questions among others.
- Where are they from?
- Which stories are most popular?
- What are they using to read the content?
Based on the reports on analytics for since January 2017.
- 55% Canada, 26% Philippines
- Canadian news on Filipinos
- 70% mobile
We also determined that most are not staying very long at the site after reading one article. Bounce rate was at 83%.
* Bounce rate is defined as the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
Objective and Approach
Two steps were completed- updated branding and a website redesign with all these goals in mind.
- Increase responsiveness in mobile devices
- Improve navigation and ease page load to increase loading speed
- Increase social media presence and improve audience engagement
- Addition of strategic advertising placements
Based on analytics report, PCN reduced their bounce rate from 83% to 26%
We have also integrated Google Adsense and improved Facebook Advertising to reach more audience.
User research, Web Design and WordPress Development
❝ I have worked with Monica in planning and implementing my website and I find her a very reliable and effective team player which could be an asset to any organization❞
PhilippineCanadianNews, Publisher & Editor